Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Introduction to why I paint

Our life very quickly passes us by and we're too busy to notice. It's a stunning time of year now with all kinds of flowers blooming, temperature of the water as pleasant as in a bath, birds chirping away. Yet, to find even a minute to stop and contemplate, let alone record this feeling of bliss is so difficult. It's like we don't allow ourselves to ever relax, even when there is free time. Everyday worries are always there - how long till mealtime, when do the children need their nap, is there anything work-related that I urgently need to accomplish? Why is it so hard to not feel guilty about simply enjoying nature? I think I'm only able to relax and understand its grandeur when I paint. That is why I'd like to devote this blog to painting nature in all its transient glory.

3 comments: